Friday, January 2, 2015

Thanks to Q-Notes for Your Fuzzy Friends Article!

Thanks so much to North Carolina gay magazine Q-Notes for the story on Your Fuzzy Friends in today's issue!

“Here, need to do some Christmas shopping?” Lee Grutman asks upon welcoming me into his home in Plaza-Midwood.

He hands me a box full of sex toys and tells me to take whatever I like.

The Christmas shopping comment may be a joke, but he really does want me to take something home with me, if I care to, and as I peruse the comically oversized dildos, the cock ring with built-in clitoral stimulator and the rest of the most-definitely-inappropriate-for-anyone-on-my-Christmas-list items, I consider how this is, weirdly enough, a rather fitting beginning to our interview.

I’ve known Grutman for about a year or so, and this gesture definitely fits with his overall style: goofy, playful, irreverent, unabashed and straightforward. That also doubles as a fairly accurate summation of the music he makes, under the name Your Fuzzy Friends.